The Cooperative learning strategy known as ‘Jigsaw’ technique helps students create their own learning.The jigsaw approach brings lessons to life.The Jigsaw classroom is a learning technique that reduces racial conflict among school children, promotes better learning,improves student motivation and increases enjoyment of the learning experience.We Believe in fun and learning together as told by the Director of Jigsaw Ms. Vanshika in an interview.
Elaborate about the inspirational journey of your business?
Everyone is not so lucky and get succeed the first time. Entrepreneurship can be a tough and long journey. For me, that was the case. So I kept on learning and growing. Along the way I have learnt different lessons that I now apply to each new business or project I am involved with. A few of them are:
- Hope for the best but be ready for worst. A success can not be defined without failures and if a failure stops you then you can not achieve your goal. So whenever I get failed I think it may be my last failure.
- Success may be hidden in simple ideas. Sometimes we think that success comes with innovative plans that are new or have not been implemented yet, but it is not.So anything that is very basic but done in an innovative way can attract success.
- Amongst all the fun and excitement of being your own boss, there will be days when you feel scared, alone and confused. But keep celebrating small successes. It makes you happy and reminds you that you have moved one more step closer to your goal.
Tell us about the USP of your brand and where do you see yourself in next 5 years?
Instead of talking about competitors its better if you work on your brand. That is what we do. Tag line of JIGSAW: We Believe in fun and learning together. Business can not be only about you and your ideas. We make teammates not franchisees. We are co-workers. We have different solutions for different needs.
How long has the business been franchised and what is your vision for the business?
We have been into this business for last 13 years. And into franchising for last 10 years.
JIGSAW inspires, prepares, and empowers students to succeed in a changing world.
- We inspire students to learn and to develop as whole people: mentally, physically, and emotionally
- We inspire students to continue learning throughout life
- We prepare and empower students to be successful by helping them develop the knowledge, skills and mental abilities.
What kind of training and support do you offer to the franchisee?
We have different educational programs for different age groups. A student needs not to run here and there for different requirements. We train our franchisee with educational training, marketing training and training for all jobs he/she needs to do to run a centre. We train them from A to Z. We provide training support, marketing support, franchise kit, training kit etc.
How many centers do you presently have and how many among them are franchisee run?
We have around 250 centres and most of them are franchisee owned.
What are your general thought on the education sector and how can it be improved?
Few basic skills that are must in education sector as a teacher needs:
- Love towards children
- Good communication with parents
- Knowledge of curriculum and standards
- Interactive sessions
India has been a land of knowledge. Changes in curriculum, teaching strategies and methodology should be changed according to today’s child. In education I believe there is always something new to learn. Accordingly we need to change. Constant changes are required.
Please share the franchise facts of your brand with us?
We are proud to announce that not even a single franchisee (who associated with us) has left us. Franchising is not about controlling the franchise centres at different places but it’s about working as a team with different persons at different places. JIGSAW doesn’t make franchisees but makes partner.